Join Lawrence Corr, author of the DW/BI bestseller "Agile Data Warehouse Design" for a three-day BEAM✲ workshop and data modelstorming masterclass covering the latest agile techniques for systematically gathering Business Intelligence (BI) requirements and designing effective DW/BI systems.
Discover how modelstorming (modeling + brainstorming) directly with business stakeholders overcomes the limitations of traditional BI requirements analysis and data modeling to create a shared data language across business and IT.
Over three days of engaging class room sessions, quizzes, games and team exercises, Lawrence will build on Kimball method, industry-standard dimensional modeling and go beyond the books to provide you with practical tools and techniques for BI data design.
Who Should Attend
- Business and IT professionals who want to jointly develop better BI solutions faster.
- Business analysts, scrum masters, data modelers/architects, DBAs and application developers new to DW/BI, will benefit from the solid grounding in dimensional modeling.
- Experienced DW/BI practitioners will find the course updates their hard-earned industry knowledge with fresh ideas on agile modeling, data warehouse design patterns and business model alignment.
You will learn how to:
- Model BI requirements with stakeholders using business-friendly tools and techniques
- Rapidly translate BI data requirements into efficient, flexible data warehouse designs
- Identify and solve common BI problems using dimensional design patterns
- Plan, design and develop BI solutions incrementally with agility
2013 - 2014Order or take a peek >